Type Keyword and Press Enter to Search
×

Fall In Love Room Makeover Party

This fall, I will be working on making over a room in my home.  I chose a room that was once our precious nursery, but quickly became a guest room, then my oldest son's room.  In the hustle and bustle of moving the boys' rooms around, I never quite got done with decorating this room.  This son collects bones and artifacts that he finds in the woods by our home.  Those "collections" pile up in his room.  I just threw out some random tooth in my washing machine yesterday....  Ahhhh, the life of a boy mom.

As embarrassing as it is, I am going to show you what the room looks like RIGHT NOW.  Keep in mind this is my 11-year-old, hunter/gatherer's room.  He is not my tidiest of children.
 We purchased this bed frame a few months ago off Craigslist and I quickly wrapped some material around the box spring. 

 I actually cleaned and organized his bedside shelf and desk FOUR days ago.  You would never know.



 The dresser is left over from my Shabby Chic Vintage Nursery.  It is original paint and original glass hardware.  My son hates it.


The pale blue window treatments are also leftover from the nursery.  They have a blackout liner, which make this room dark and cozy for my sleepy tween.  My son is begging me for Camouflage walls, bedding, and window treatments.  Hmmmm.  What do you think?

I have some handsome details in mind for this room!  I will be working on it for the next six weeks and popping in here and there to give you an update.  

In the meantime, go see what my blogging friends are up to in their spaces.  I am anxiously awaiting their final reveals.


Thank you to Cassie, from Primitive and Proper, for hosting this "Fall in Love" series and including my blog among these fabulous blogs.
See you next week with an update!  For day-to-day happenings in the life of Eleven Gables, follow me on INSTAGRAM!

xox,
Emily

17 comments:

  1. i can't wait to see what you do! your son sounds like emmy- i work so hard to clean her room and in .04 seconds she has destroyed it. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It think the idea of a camouflaged wall is a great idea. I think it could be interpreted in a lot of ways. I was so excited when my son expressed some wishes for his room and wanted something pixelated. I totally went with it.

    I love the built in desk and cabinets you already have and I am excited to be following along over the next weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever you do, I'm sure it will look amazing when you're done! Looking forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had to laugh when you showed your son's room because it reminded me of when my son wanted black walls and strobe lights in his room plus a water bed! he didn't get that but was pretty happy with what we did come up with down the road. i was lucky that he was my "neat freak" kid and his room was always in pristine condition...i couldn't say the same for my daughter, her room looked like a bomb blew up in it!

    i can't wait to see how you work your magic in this transformation...i know it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to follow along all of the makeover goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, to be a kid again. It's so great to destroy and let mom clean it up. Sometimes I still make messes thinking mom will clean them. :P

    Such good bones to this room. Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a lot of fun working with my oldest on his tween (now teen!) room awhile back...it helps that he has good taste ;). A tasteful way to add lots of camouflage....nothing like a challenge, right?! Can't wait to see it all come together :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This will be a fun one! Just tell your son that if everything is camo, how will he ever find his bed ;) I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait until my son turns into a preteen and gives me OCD a workout. Kidding.

    I'm looking forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My boys (almost 2 and almost 4) already make such a mess now. I can't imagine what they'll be capable of in a few years. ;) I'm really looking forward to seeing how you incorporate his tastes into this space!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun Emily!! I can't wait to see what you do in here. I have two boys but it's my girl that's my hunter and gatherer. Gotta love that curiosity in everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY! Can't wait to see you work your magic! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to see it come together! You know all those old photos with a room that has floral wallpaper, drapes, and rug? You could do that with the camo. That look is totally coming back, possibly ironically but still. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would very much like to see camo walls :) What a fun room to work on - can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ive gotta hunter/gatherer too! My son drags in rocks. Lots of them. All the time. At least it isn't dead snakes and lizards. #aintnobodygottimeforthat! Cant wait to see what you do my friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! Just stumbled among your blog through Bliss @ home! I love the rustic woodland feel the room currently has! Looking forward to seeing it come together :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you! I read each comment and will answer any questions you might have. Thank you for stopping by!!